We have many volunteer opportunities! Complete our online Volunteer Form!
The ReStore in Summerdale on Hwy 59
Do you love exploring antique shops, flea markets, yard sales? Do you like to tinker with small appliances or refinish antiques? Do you love to organize and create order? Then volunteering at the ReStore is for you! Working in the ReStore is both fun and rewarding. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, from greeting customers and stocking shelves to helping with daily donation collections around the county. Come for a few hours or stay the whole day!
If you would like to volunteer at the Summerdale ReStore, please contact:
Rita Etheredge, 251-989-6422
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Home Builds (ages 16 & up)
- The work schedule is usually Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8:00-2:00.
- Beginners are welcome and will be instructed by our site supervisor or a team leader.
- All tools and safety equipment you will be provided.
- Wear comfortable clothes that can get dirty/messed up and closed toed shoes.
- Cold water and snacks are provided but bring a water bottle.
- Upon arrival you will complete a registration form and sign the safety waiver on the back.
- Volunteers under 18 must have safety waiver signed by guardian before working.
Other volunteer opportunities occur throughout the year:
- Like us on Facebook and share our posts on your page!
- Help land acquisition and family selection.
- Bring a meal to our Saturday volunteers on the jobsite. We have a guide for you.
- Bake cookies/treats for our volunteers, many travel long distances to work with us.
- Help at fairs and other community events to raise awareness.
- Help fundraise to help Habitat end poverty housing in Baldwin County.
- Volunteer to teach classes to our partner families or mentor a partner family.
- Help us with social media, writing thank you notes, speaking on our behalf.
- Take photos at our jobsites or events for our newsletters and social media.
- Donate materials or home furnishings to the ReStore or shop at the ReStore.
- Help with special events such as fund raisers, family festivals, National Women build week, appreciation dinners.
Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) is when Habitat for Humanity partners with the residents of a neighborhood to establish what they believe will make it a better place to live. The residents determine the projects and they partner with local businesses, government and organizations to accomplish the changes identified. Habitat partners with the residents in making home repairs as funding is available. Currently we are working on NR in the Aaronville Community in Foley.
Call Joan Kellis 251.943.7268×4 or email Joan@baldwinhabitat.org to help or to receive our weekly “build bulletin” email to see what we are doing and how you can help.